Australia Fasting Detox Retreat
Our most recent Fasting Detox Health Retreat in Australia was run from October 8th – 16th, 2016 (8 nights) hosted back at the base of majestic Mt Warning in the northern rivers region of New South Wales at Gymea Eco Retreat & Day Spa — a sustainable retreat & day spa with a commitment to rejuvenation, health, and healing. The enchanting accommodation, secluded location, and amazing group of retreat guests set the perfect scene for a transformational personal health and healing journey.
We secure the Australian detox retreat dates to enable the retreat to run over one working week, a great result for our guests who are short on work holidays! And as always we have priced the retreat competitively — as our retreats in Australia are all about spreading the word, health, and healing to as many people as possible!
The Australian retreat follows a similar program schedule, life force kinetics, and transformational experience as our Bali Detox Fasting Retreats — while making certain we put our very own Aussie stamp of inspiration and eccentricity on the retreat.
US$TBA – single occupancy
US$TBA – twin share
TBA, 2017 (8 nights)
“The one week I invested with NIH will give me a lifelong change to my attitude towards my health and wellbeing. Just the kick start I needed, amongst a genuine, supportive, loving team.”
What are the amazing health benefits of this program?
As the toxic load reduces throughout the retreat, the functioning of every cell in your body is enhanced, which makes our fasting detox retreat a very powerful tool for the elimination of disease processes in the body, building up energy, strength & vitality, and assisting in weight loss. We follow a very holistic approach – focusing on our client’s physical, emotional and spiritual health and wellbeing.
Common benefits from the program include:
- Weight Loss & Body Re-composition
- Hormonal rebalance
- Glowing skin, hair and nail health
- Increased Enthusiasm & Motivation
- Stress Relief & Mental Clarity
- Increased Vitality & Energy
- Digestive Balance & Immune Resistance
- Detoxification & Cellular Renewal
- Increased Self Awareness
- Liver Cleansing & Hormonal Balance
- Reduced Cravings & Elevated Mood
- Improvement in Blood Circulation
Who would benefit from joining this program?
In short, we believe EVERYBODY would benefit from a fasting detox at some point in their lives! It is the rise in our overall toxicity levels that often leads to increased health complications and disease processes.
Common pre-fast health complaints include:
- Digestive complaints
- Overweight & sluggish metabolism
- Skin conditions and allergies
- Hormonal imbalances in men and women
- Poor immune system
- General tiredness & lethargy
- Overindulgence & food cravings
- Poor circulation
- Allergies and food intolerances
- Depression and Anxiety
- Lack of concentration and focus
- Past or present injuries & convalescence
- Slow healing capacity
How do we cleanse the body, mind, and spirit on this program?
Whilst you are fasting (abstinence from food), your body will be purged of long-term accumulated toxins and acid wastes which are affecting its ability to absorb nutrients and potentially adding to dis-ease in your body. Our retreat activates your body’s innate healing capacity to renew, rejuvenate and refresh all of it’s cells, organs, bodily systems and blood.
Practitioner prescribed herbs and natural supplements are utilised to literally “pull out” the toxins via the body’s elimination pathways i.e. colon, skin, kidneys, liver, lungs and lymph nodes. And the additional support of enemas, dry skin brushing, yoga, meditation, massages, spa & sauna, gentle exercise, fresh organic juices, organic broth soups, and herbal teas ensures a deep and thorough cleanse. Daily detox shakes (4-5 per day) consisting of juice, bentonite clay and psyllium husk have a huge impact on depth of detoxification.
What is included in the program?
- Pre-cleanse support and dietary plan before arriving to the retreat
- Accommodation for length of retreat (8 nights)
- Constant on-site guidance and support from trained professionals during the entire length of retreat
- Orientation on arrival including personalised health and physical assessment
- Welcome Pack & Educational Workbook including information on the process of fasting, recipes to take home, refresher sprays, and a whole lot more!
- All fresh juices, coconut water, broth soup, and herbal teas (we use local organic produce where ever possible)
- Practitioner only herbal products, minerals, vitamins and probiotic supplements to support and enhance the detoxing capacity of the body
- Liver Flush drink and supporting supplements
- Daily guided exercise classes – including 4 yoga classes + e.g. water therapy, guided walks, ecstatic dance, etc.
- 2 x one hour massages tailored to further enhance the detoxification process
- 3 x one hour Steam, Sauna, Hydrotherapy Spa and Plunge Pool sessions to further enhance the detoxification process
- Workshops on a variety of topics including nutrition, eating for health, food as medicine, conscious cleansing, emotional clearing, hormonal balance, etc.
- 2 x private one-on-one hour personal health or healing sessions with our onsite practitioner(s), therapist(s) and/or healer(s).
- Enema Colon Cleansing Kit
- Guided meditations
“I completed a 7 day program with NIH. The results were amazing, weight loss 4.7kg, glowing skin, no fluid retention or bloating. The detox program is thorough and the team provides lots of support. The tools + information that I have to take away with me will give me a long healthy life. I will return!”
Example daily schedule
subject to change
Guests arrive in the afternoon, with personal intake consultations starting from approx. 2pm onwards. After guests have settled into their rooms with have a group retreat orientation in the afternoon where guests connect and retreat hosts deliver all that encompasses the retreat experience ahead.
We start the day with a gentle yoga class, and then an education workshop on the digestive system. IN the afternoon half the guests typically have a massage while the other half enjoy a steam, sauna, and spa session. A guided mediation class in the afternoon slows guests down before we show an informative documentary in the evening. Day two is about slowing the body down and getting familiar with the daily detox process.
We typically begin day three with a light mat class, exploring and specifically working with the organs. After some private sessions, more massages and spa, we finish the day with an education doco on the big movie projector screen! Another blissful day in detox land…
The day starts with another yoga class and then a great Nutrition workshop in the middle of the day. Lots of private sessions happening, as we go deeper into your personal process – and for those without private sessions there is plenty of time to relax with a book poolside in the afternoon, before been guided into a deeper relaxation during the evening guided meditation.
The morning exercise class is typically getting back to nature with a beautiful bush walk through private trails on Gymea’s land. Always a highlight. Private sessions and massages in the afternoon and some ‘homework’ and reflection for tomorrow’s workshop. Another inspirational documentary shown in the evening.
Yoga kicks off the day and then we roll straight into a Enneagram workshop – focusing on your self-awareness and all that is the unique you. A down day for guests to reflect on the process and check in that we are on track with what you set out to achieve.
Weather permitting we head over to a beautiful Northern NSW beach for a relaxing walk and refreshing swim in the ocean! Always a highlight for those who love the healing energy of the ocean. We arrive back from the beach to massages and spa sessions, and then a powerful Conscious Cleansing workshop as we explore how our emotional and spiritual health affects our physical body. Guest’s choice on the movie tonight!
Another deeper yoga class this morning, as the body increases in flexibility and function from previous classes and the detox experience. Then we have a “post-retreat” workshop where we explore our ongoing support channels, and always a great chance for food Q&A and practical recipe ideas for post-retreat eating! The afternoon is spent preparing the body for the liver flush drink in the evening and a fire ceremony to close the detox process.
Today is all about celebrating the experience with breaking-fast! We typically break-fast at around 9am giving the group a chance to reflect and share their experience before finishes the program at approx. 10-11am.