Welcome to Lean In, a podcast that explores ordinary people’s extraordinary lives through honest storytelling.
My guests share with me their journey of discovery, laughter, personal experiences and healing.
If you are going through a change or challenging period in life, Lean In is the space where we can surrender to the cycle together.
In its most expansive definition, Art contains all forms of creative expression. Creative expression can be seen as one of the most potent forces in the world and throughout all aspects of our lives. It can point us to new paths, new ways of seeing and solving.
Creative expression is rooted in the capacities for observation, discovery, imagination, and courage. It wakes us up, challenges us, and enriches all of life. It can transform us, heal us and collectively heal the world.
Those who dive deeply into their own personal commitment to creative expression in whichever way they choose show us a part of their hearts, and we are always better for it.
Christina Zipperlen is an artist, writer, yogi and designer of the exquisite brand Ananda Soul. Christina grew up in Germany, and was raised with a good dose of questioning the status quo and the “truths” we are faced with.
Her mother’s passing when Christina was 18 inspired her to travel the world and after years in Hawaii, Spain, and Australia, she has settled in Bali, where she lives with her partner and their dog, Hero.
Her creative life has not only led her to incredible experiences it has, quite honestly, saved her life. Christina experienced anorexia when she was in her teenage years and still to this day it is her creative life that has become an innate part of her healing process and recovery.
In this episode we dive into;
● Growing up in Germany and feeling the energetic cultural imprints that history had left behind
● Being hospitalised for Anorexia during her teenage years
● The depths of eating disorders and Christina’s personal experience
● How the loss of her Mother was a huge catalyst for unlocking her truth
● How Hawaii opened up a deep connection to Mother Earth she had never felt before
● How art has always been her healing modality and connection to self
● What it means to be “highly sensitive” and how to support this part of herself in the day-to-day
● Her deep encounters with her own spirituality and how they influenced her creativity
● Starting a jewellery design company in Bali on her own in 2008
● The layers of healing eating disorders and anxiety
● How writing has allowed her voice to truly be heard in a way it never has before
● Coming to acceptance with her sexuality and accepting herself deeply
● The healing process of understanding our minds, our body’s and our spirits.
● Creativity and Healing; the parallels
● Why her mission is to remind women of their innate beauty, shift negative ideas around body image, and to help inspire conscious consumerism through sustainable fashion.
● What makes telling our stories so healing?
You can find out more about Christina and her incredible work;
And connect with Christina’s latest projects and writings here
And as mentioned in this episode….
Our Natural Instinct Healing upcoming Fasting Detox Health Retreat in Australia will be on August 29th – September 6th, 2020.
Places are super limited.
Stay Safe Friends,