In today’s society, our lifestyle choices are impacting on our overall health state. More then often we drink too much alcohol, eat too much processed food, don’t get enough sleep or exercise, work too much, consume too much caffeine, and the list goes on. All of these factors start to take effect, eventually leading to an overloaded, stressed and malfunctioning physical body.
Although the human body is highly adaptable, poor lifestyle choices do eventually take their toll and it usually takes an illness for us to pay attention to what is happening within our bodies.
Detoxing and cleansing is a fantastic way of allowing your body to rest and improve your health by cleansing, nourishing and regenerating every cell within your body.
It gives your body a chance to eliminate the build up of toxins and excess waste that’s accumulated and assists protecting your body from disease, helping you regain strength, vitality and optimal health.
If you want to take control of your health, feel better, have more energy, sleep better, lose weight, look and feel younger and have a feeling of relaxation then a detox is the way to go.
If you suffer from any of the following symptoms, your body may need a detox.
- Poor sleep
- Sugar cravings
- Skin Problems
- Feeling sluggish
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Bad breath
- Body odour
The hardest part of making lifestyle changes is getting motivated but once you make the changes and notice how good you feel, it becomes easier and easier.
Top Tips for Detoxing and regenerating the body:
- Have at least 3 alcohol free days every week
- Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day
- Limit refined foods such as processed and packaged foods and sugar
- Have 2-3 serves of fresh fruit per day
- Green leafy veges such as; Broccoli, cabbage, kale, rocket, lettuce, spinach are great liver detoxifiers. Try to have some greens everyday
- Fresh lemon squeezed into warm water first thing in the mornings is great for the liver and the digestive system and is very cleansing for the entire body
- Limit coffee to 1 cup per day
- Exercise at least 30 minutes four times a week
- Get between 6-8 hours of sleep per night
- Slow down your day by taking some deep relaxing breaths and being still and quite, just for a moment.