Looking out into the world and constantly feeling that we belong elsewhere can take us away from the present. The magic is in the here-ness, in the moments of presence and accepting yourself in all your messiness.
Welcome to Lean In. A podcast that explores ordinary people’s extraordinary lives through honest storytelling. My guests share with me their journey of discovery, laughter, personal experiences and healing.
If you are going through a change or challenging period in life, Lean In is the space where we can surrender to the cycle together.
In this episode of Lean In, I sat face to face with Cat Kabira. Cat is almost superhuman in how she contends with life, a beautiful trait that has given her the ability to teach others to connect and tune into their personal power and reconnect with their core truth.
Her teachings stem from a lifetime of searching for her own self-acceptance, as she has had to navigate through eating disorders, depression, physical and emotional abuse, sexual violence, as well as addiction to drugs and alcohol.
Born in New York, Cat grew up on the east coast and Midwest. Her practices have taken her right around the world from Bali, the United States and Australia to Europe, Asia, and South and Central America. Her warm and tender nature has gracefully positioned her as a world-renowned yoga teacher, trainer and master of the subtle energetic arts.
Cat exudes openness and tells me her story with transparency, vulnerability, and realness. We talk about the first time I met Cat, and the influence she had on the way move within this world. The inner battle she faced with her own femininity and finding safety as a woman. She also brings forward the truth that resides in us all, we are imperfect, and that’s okay.
Also within this episode:
- Cat’s story of incredible trauma, abuse, sickness and violence
- Why Cat created her male persona, Christopher
- How Cat came into her feminine side, and what that brought into her life
- Walking through her family dynamic and how it led to the unseen realms
- The stronghold of eating disorders
- How a meditation session changed her life
- Cat’s secret trip to Africa
- Our pain is our portal to god
- Genuinely being within our body, and what that truly means