When we’re deep within an emotional or healing journey, following your intuition and having the right support around you may be the key to tapping into your full potential.
Welcome to Lean In. A podcast that explores ordinary people’s extraordinary lives through honest storytelling.
My guests share with me their journey of discovery, laughter, personal experiences and healing. If you are going through a change or challenging period in life, Lean In is the space where we can surrender to the cycle together.
In this episode of Lean In, I’m reconnecting with my bestie Katherine Maslen at my parents’ home back in Australia.
Now, I know I may seem biased but Katherine is an absolute powerhouse of a woman. She’s a mother, clinical naturopath, nutritionist, author, and podcast host of the first of its kind audio documentary series on gut health, The Shift.
Coming from a past of extreme grief and trauma, Katherine has gone on to complete two bachelor degrees in health science and naturopathy, founded Brisbane Natural Health, Australia’s first membership-based holistic health clinic and the international wellness company Shift.
If that’s not enough, she speaks internationally on health and wellness, and has written a bestselling book ‘Get Well, Stay Well.’
In this highly candid conversation, Katherine dissects her turbulent past life. She hones in on her abusive childhood, drug addiction and the people that saved her life. We talk about why the healing journey never ends, and why being the victim just doesn’t serve you.
- How a little angel tapping on her shoulder saved her life
- Why a book on herbal rituals changed everything
- The victim crisis and why we need to confront it
- Are you supported? Finding the answers to your internal problems
- Why we must give ourselves permission to rest
- The intensive process of creating an audio docu-series
- Why accessing your self-awareness is like a ball of yarn
- Why you must trust your intuition
- How being nurtured and completely surrendering can change your life