Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Sometimes we tend to define ourselves by our relationship, without even realizing. It’s so essential to nurture ourselves, who we are, so that we can rise up on our own when necessary. Having a partner for support is an amazing thing, but we must also be able to feel that support from within.
Welcome to Lean In. A podcast that explores ordinary people’s extraordinary lives through honest storytelling. My guests share with me their journey of discovery, laughter, personal experiences and healing.
If you are going through a change or challenging period in life, Lean In is the space where we can surrender to the cycle together.
I recently got to sit down and chat with my friend and life coach extraordinaire, Christine Hassler. Christine is such a ray of light for so many people, and we had an enlightening conversation about the journey she went through after her divorce at 31 years old.
Christine is now in a happy, healthy marriage, but she spent the better part of her 30’s learning how to be ok on her own. She realized that she had been a bit distracted by her relationships in the past and was struggling with knowing who she was when she wasn’t doting on a partner.
Today, Christine leads seminars and workshops in front of audiences all around the world, which she says she owes in part to the self-discovery she did after going through the pain and heartbreak of dissolving a relationship.
In this episode of Lean In, Christine and I touch on universal issues we see within ourselves and so many women we’ve helped over the years. We talk about ways she’s gotten back in touch with the feminine energy we all have inside us and the changes that has brought to her life.
Also within this episode:
- How we’re taught to view marriage vs. the reality
- Why marriage used to be just a checkmark on a list to Christine
- How she met her husband, Stef
- Why you should do everything with intention
- How marriage is a mirror
- How Christine “builds her kingdom with her king”
- How to recognize your triggers and expand on them
- Why friendships are massively important to maintaining your sense of self
- Why fighting with your partner can be healthy
- Why you should learn the difference between red flags and fear