Welcome to Lean In, a podcast that explores ordinary people’s extraordinary lives through honest storytelling. My guests share with me their journey of discovery, laughter, personal experiences and healing.
If you are going through a change or challenging period in life, Lean In is the space where we can surrender to the cycle together.
Storytelling goes far beyond the words of a page. It has the potential to find its way
deep into the insides of our psyches and hearts. It often invites us to question
everything, including our own beliefs. And audio and visual storytelling provides yet
another layer to tantalize our senses and provide a gateway for us to explore a whole
Fraser Morton is an award-winning multimedia journalist and self-shooting
producer/director who focuses on finding human-interest stories around the world in
film, photography and writing. He spends most of his time on assignments all over the
world looking for people’s stories around the themes of adversity and human
Fraser has worked on film projects for some of the world’s most respected media,
including National Geographic, Vice News and was previously a staff producer and
broadcast journalist with Fox International and ESPN. He is also a travel journalist and
former newspaper reporter and writer and has worked on commercial and agency
projects for some of the world’s biggest brands.
Fraser’s work was part of Eco-Business’s larger Changing Course campaign on climate
action. Documenting the ClimateForce: Antarctica 2018 expedition in March led by Sir Robert Swan, a British environmentalist and explorer who was the first man to walk to
both North and South Poles.
Another project, A life Electric, draws upon a hybrid of multimedia techniques to connect
people, communities and society to the “lives of epilepsy”; a multimedia project entering
epilepsy through the doorways of personal experiences. Inspired by his own experience
of losing his brother Blair, the project is a personal for Fraser who was inspired by the
life of his older brother.
In this episode we talk about Fraser’s work, art, travel and writing and how telling
people’s stories and the story of Mother Earth has had a personal impact on him.
We dive into;
● Where did the desire to travel and tell stories come from
● The industry changes of travel journalism with the rise of apps, social media and technology.
● The life of a travel journalist
● How the expedition to film Antarctica changed Fraser in various different ways throughout his life
● How being in Antarctica highlighted the intrinsic connection we have to Mother Earth
● The work of Sir Robert Swan and his action on climate change
● Integrating between moving, working and living in different continents.
● How the project of “A Life Electric” eventuated
● The existing stigma and cultural beliefs around Epilepsy
● How Epilepsy is more than a brain condition we do not fully understand; it is about people’s life experiences.
● Why is it so important for us to try and understand each other’s life experiences to connect deeper to one another
● What Fraser learnt after 100’s of interviews and hours of research about Epilepsy
● The similarities between living with chronic conditions and the uncertainties that arise with that and what we are all collectively experiencing with COVID-19
● How we can understand Epilepsy more
● How we are all understanding what it feels like to experience uncertainty in these times of global pandemic
● What makes telling our stories so healing?
You can find out more about Fraser and his incredible work;
If you are feeling as though you need a little extra support, nourishment, guidance and understanding in your own healing journey right now then please join me and jump on a FREE 15 min nourish and support call with my extraordinary team of wholistic health practitioners. This is time to focus solely on you, your personal experiences and how you can move forward with your own health, wellness and healing.
To book in a call today and receive my ‘Nourish + Support’ 10 meditation series bundle (all completely free) please visit us at https://bit.ly/nihsupport An offering my heart to yours to get us through this challenging and uncertain time.
Stay safe friends, Love Kate