Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Welcome to Lean In, a podcast that explores ordinary people’s extraordinary lives through honest storytelling. My guests share with me their journey of discovery, laughter, personal experiences and healing.
If you are going through a change or challenging period in life, Lean In is the space where we can surrender to the cycle together.
We all get “invitations” for us to dive deeper into ourselves. Sometimes these come as challenging experiences we must undergo or events that change the trajectory of our lives.
How do we show up to the unexpected? And what does it take for us to truly learn and grow through the process?
In today’s episode I chat with Adam Cobb. Coach Adam Cobb is a TEDx speaker, nutritionist, movement and mindset coach for pro-athletes, actors and other high performers. Adams “8 Days A Week philosophy” is the secret weapon of high performance, it’s about reminding us how and where we choose to invest our time is where our real momentum comes from.
Using this methodology, Adam focuses on providing his clients with a whole new awareness about the importance of alignment around their fitness, nutrition, and spirituality. This allows for major, life altering transformations that provide his clients the path to follow toward being healthy and happy.
Adam has also been on a huge personal healing journey (like every single one of us) and he integrates his lessons from a place of embodied wisdom and understanding and then shares this with his wider community in all different facets of his work in particular his speaking and writing work.
We dive into;
● The turning moment in Adam’s 20’s that changed the trajectory of his life
● How we all experience the fragility of life at times and what that leaves behind in our psyche
● The impact of growing up with a single parent Mum and how that shaped Adam’s desire to make a difference in the world
● When ‘working out’ extends beyond moving our bodies in the gym
● The importance of having a mentor to entice us to be our best selves
● Why Love is the greatest risk of all (lessons from Uncle Joe)
● The impact starting a meditation and breath practice personally had on Adam
● Why functional and integrated medicine was crucial to Adam’s coaching practice
● Why learning how to “listen” to people in the coach/client relationship is a game changer in intimately connecting with each other
● How a severe knee injury took Adam out and took him on a big inner journey of healing and growth
● Why mindfulness is essential in creating healthy habits
● Why physical fitness is only a piece of getting ahead
● Why is it essential to practice what we preach? (or practice what we post!)
● The different emotional layers to our (ongoing) healing journey
● Changing perspective to see that “things happen for us, not to us”
● Why it is so important for us to journal and reflect daily to help us integrate the wisdom life is teaching us.
● Why we need to trust our own growth process.
You can find out more about Adam Cobb here;
If you are feeling as though you need a little extra support, nourishment, guidance and understanding in your own healing journey right now then please join me and jump on a FREE 15 min nourish and support call with my extraordinary team of wholistic health practitioners.
This is time to focus solely on you, your personal experiences and how you can move forward with your own health, wellness and healing.
To book in a call today and receive my ‘Nourish + Support’ 10 meditation series bundle (all completely free) please visit us at https://bit.ly/nihsupport
An offering my heart to yours to get us through this challenging and uncertain time.
Stay safe friends,