Getting through the tough challenges in life usually leaves us feeling like we’re out of control. Instead of fighting the challenge, maybe it’s time to get a bit more flexible.
Welcome to Lean In. A podcast that explores ordinary people’s extraordinary lives through honest storytelling. My guests share with me their journey of discovery, laughter, personal experiences and healing.
If you are going through a change or challenging period in life, Lean In is the space where we can surrender to the cycle together.
In the debut episode of Lean In, I could think of no better guest to share with than my partner, Pat Reardon.
So, a little about Pat. He is an avid traveller and loves nothing more than stepping out into the wide world, arm in arm with me and the kids. We love to explore the incredible cultures, languages and teachings our planet has to offer. Professionally speaking, he’s the entrepreneur in our partnership.
Pat is the co-founder of Natural Instinct Healing, our award-winning detox, fasting and retreat. Located in the heart of the beautiful Ubud in Bali. His degree in international business and career in sales and marketing are essential elements of the success we enjoy.
You won’t find him sitting behind a computer desk, but immersed and hands-on with clients – or catching a few waves down on the beach.
Our beautiful life together hasn’t been without its obstacles. We will be the first to admit, it’s been a pretty wild ride.
In this episode, I dive into Pat’s turbulent life story. From leaving Australia at age 18 in search of adventure to a devastating cancer diagnosis that shook us to the core.
Pat talks about dealing with the fear of the unknown and his conscious decision to be more present in the face of change.
Other insights we talk about are:
- Pat’s journey from herding goats to running a Bali retreat
- Why passion is the fuel for your inner fire
- The power flexibility and freedom in life
- How a trek in the Amazon shook up Pat’s path
- Why New Moon ceremonies are a monthly staple for the Reardon’s
- Pat’s cancer journey – a moment of complete surrender
- Life and death cycles and how they’re woven into our life’s tapestries
- How mindfulness and parenting go hand in hand
- Pat, the traveller and nature lover – indulging in the rawness of nature
- Why it’s important to look at what is happening in our own consciousness